Tuesday

Refined Sugars and Rheumatoid Arthritis


Excessive consumption of refined sugars, including white sugar, brown sugar and corn syrup, may increase the acidity of the body. Some natural health practitioners have recommended that refined sugar be avoided in cases of inflammatory disease such as rheumatoid arthritis. Substitution with natural sugar alternatives such as stevia, agave nectar, fruit juice concentrates and honey may help to reduce inflammatory processes. An overall reduction of any type of sugar can also be recommended to avoid rapid increases in blood sugar, which may interfere with inflammatory processes.

Many people feel that their pain is reduced if they cut out sugar altogether. Have you experimented with this? I found it difficult to do at first but well worth the reduction in pain especially in my fingers, wrists and ankles. I recommend the following program which gives you online support...


                                                  The 21-Day Sugar Detox

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sugar, oh sugar... it is something that I can't probably live without.. I was once an RA patient too. I have consulted to different doctors, took different kinds of medications, lab tests, and therapies. My suffering ended as soon as I finished my stem cell treatment with Dr Purita. The therapy went really well and now, although I cannot eat the amount of sugar that I wish to, I can have at least two bars of chocolate bars a week. I am now able to play tennis again. I wish you'll be well too. :)

Good said...

This is amazing Michael, where did you go to have your treatment?