QUICK FACTS ABOUT POLYARTHRITIS:
- It is any type of arthritis which involves 5 or more joints simultaneously
- It is usually associated with autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, amyloidosis, psoriatic arthritis, and lupus erythematosus.
- It may be experienced at any age
- It is found in both men and women
- It can also be caused by infection with an alphavirus such as chikungunya virus and Ross River virus. This condition is termed alphavirus polyarthritis syndrome.
MEDICAL ARTICLE: Inflammatory Polyarthritis in the Older Adult